By Cheryl Kees Clendenon
Last month we talked about four personality archetypes I developed several years ago and how learning their triggers and worldview can help you make a connection, foster a relationship and create a loyal customer or client. I hope you find these last four as informative and entertaining.
The Rooted Loyalist: Practical and classical style decisions often based on childhood environment and the comfort of the known entity. Influential but low key in social sphere. Doesn’t usually want bold or out of the box as much as solid solutions.
- Key word: Privacy
- Values: Good stewardship of funds, well-made items, longevity (in business or relationships), family ties, community.
- Influenced by: Classics, tradition and historical reference. Reputation is important in dealing with people.
- Most likely to: Stay in one place, contemplate decisions longer and be more value oriented but can be sold quality easily. Not into throw-away items. Good repeat client.
- Purchasing personality: Performance fabrics, mid-price points for personal rooms but will splurge on public rooms. Will be difficult to convince of anything perceived as trendy except as accent pieces.
- How to win: Classic/timeless design. Show antiques and classically styled pieces.