Many ’90s developments have come flying again into trend, particularly scrunchies! Fortunate for us, scrunchies are tremendous easy to make at dwelling. It is easy to get began in your DIY journey: Use material scraps from previous bedding, reduce off the underside of a T-shirt that is too massive or simply purchase new material you’re keen on. Selfmade scrunchies additionally make a terrific present for birthdays, holidays and another event.
Whether or not you are a beginner who simply invested in a stitching machine or a professional who desires to show youngsters methods to sew, scrunchies make a wonderful first undertaking for stitching inexperienced persons. Comply with these easy directions for our DIY scrunchie tutorial:
What you may want:
- Iron (elective)
- Material scissors (or rotary cutter)
- Elastic, 1/4″ thick
- Stitching pins
- Stitching machine
- Security pin (elective)
- Get your supplies prepared: Collect your whole supplies. Lay your material flat and iron if it is wrinkly. Utilizing material scissors, reduce a 4″ x 25″ strip of cloth and a 6″ to eight” piece of elastic (relying on how tight you need the completed scrunchie). For an outsized scrunchie, reduce your material wider than 4 inches!
- Safe the elastic in place: Pin the elastic to every of the shorter sides of the material on the improper facet (aka the again facet). Be certain that it’s centered, after which sew with a 1/2″ seam allowance.
- Sew the preliminary tube: Fold the material in half longways proper sides collectively, and sew with a 1/2″ seam allowance. For finest outcomes, press it flat first and pin it in place.
- Flip the scrunchie proper facet out: Flip the tube inside out, so the correct facet of the material is dealing with out. Tip: In case you pin a security pin to 1 finish, you should use it to assist information the fabric via to the opposite finish.
- Create a circle with the tube: Pin the 2 ends of the elastic collectively and sew straight throughout with a 1/2″ seam allowance, leaving a gap. (Be certain that the scrunchie is not twisted earlier than stitching.)
- End your scrunchie: Your undertaking ought to look virtually completed! Seal the ultimate opening by folding within the uncooked edges, so they’re hidden. Sew throughout the folds to create the ultimate seam, stitching as shut as attainable to the sting.
Bonus tip! So as to add a cute tie look to your scrunchie, reduce a 4″ x 10″ piece of cloth, then fold in half lengthwise and trim off a 1″ diagonal piece on every finish. Sew across the sides with 1/2″ seam allowance, leaving a small opening within the entrance to show it inside out. Flip it inside out after which sew the ultimate opening closed with a small seam allowance. Then, tie this piece onto your scrunchie.
This content material is created and maintained by a 3rd social gathering, and imported onto this web page to assist customers present their e-mail addresses. You might be able to discover extra details about this and related content material at piano.io