BridgeTower Media and Springboard Futures has introduced a post-market mini series focused on IMC’s two largest summer markets at AmericasMart and the Las Vegas Market Center. The series, @Market: Trends, Topics and Transitions, was created to deliver essential and actionable expert insight to recent market attendees and to those unable to attend because of the pandemic.
The series features industry professionals Lenise Willis, editor in chief of Gifts & Decorative Accessories, Allison Zisko, editor in chief of HFN, Tom Mirabile, principal and founder of Springboard Futures, and Michelle Lamb, principal of The Trend Curve. These experts review and reveal the business, product and style trends observed at these two crucial markets and the consumer realities propelling them forward.
Watch above as they discuss the new series in more detail and give a sneak peek at a few things they learned from IMC’s Atlanta and Las Vegas markets, including some of Lamb’s favorite budding product trends. To access the video series for Atlanta Market, click here. The series for Las Vegas Market can be found here.
The series contains a total of nine episodes, broken down by market and category.
Episodes Covering Atlanta Market
- Episode 1: Seasonal & Holiday
- Includes décor, entertaining, seasonal giftables, etc.
- Episode 2: Gifts
- Includes novelty, practical, bridal, pet and other giftable considerations.
- Episode 3: Tableware & Entertaining
- Includes dinnerware, flatware, glass and barware, entertaining product, etc.
- Episode 4: Decorative Accents
- Includes wall and table décor, decorative textiles, decorative glass and ceramics, decorative craft, etc.
Videos Covering Las Vegas Market
- Episode 1: Floor Coverings & Wall Décor
- Includes floor coverings & mats and wall décor, including framed art and dimensional wall décor and clocks.
- Episode 2: Lighting
- Includes ceiling, wall, table and floor, as well as decorative lighting.
- Episode 3: Gifts & Décor Accessories
- Includes decorative and giftable products in all materials including glass and ceramics, textiles, craft and men’s grooming.
- Episode 4: Furniture & Accent Furnishings
- Includes case goods and all large furniture items and smaller accent furnishings. (Outdoor was not a concern for this episode.)
Lenise Willis is the editor in chief of Gifts & Decorative Accessories, which has been covering the gift, stationery and home industry for more than 100 years. She is a graduate of the Journalism School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and brings both print and digital experience in news and marketing to the magazine. Through market events, as well as print and digital reporting, she leads conversations concerning product trends and news affecting changes in the gift industry at large.